Today we are celebrating Earth day! which celebrated in over 192 countries and more that 1 billion people are participating! Do you know Earth day is celebrated since 1970?
Across the globe, individuals, communities, organizations, and governments acknowledge the amazing planet we call home and take action to protect it.
As designers we are part of the product creation machine and we can be part of the problem or part of the solution. Being part of the solution is designing with consciousness, and with sensitivity towards our planet.
Here are some small actions we can take as a designers and artist to minimize the impact of our work in our beautiful world:
- Reuse! Reusing materials, paper carton, paint and plastic and incorporating it to our work can be a way to give second life to resources that pollutes.
- Think before printing! We tend to make trials and little prints of everything, is that really needed? why not to be kind with the trees and the forest and really print what is necessary?
- Use and print in FSC approved paper. FSC-certified paper typically is composed of virgin tree fibers but it can be just as Eco-friendly as recycled paper. You can find out more at FSC or Forest Stewardship organization website
- Do not discharge acrylics or oil based paintings in the zinc, instead use those left others to create an additional piece and try to prepare only the amount that you will need. You also will save the water !
- Donate materials, fabrics, buttons, paper to organizations that create based on recycling materials, you will be surprise the wonders people can do with a little of the material that is not wanted in your studio.
- Plant and surround yourself and others with flowers and plants, take care of them and share them, a design studio have way more life with a green friend as a company!
- Enjoy the planet ! if having a lack of inspiration just enjoy a walk outside, sketch from nature, flowers and plants, they are a wonderful source of inspiration for designers, we definitely need to keep it for as long as we can!
Do you want to learn more? Visit the website of Earth day Network
|All rights reserved 2013 © Copyright Believe creative studio|