Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The winning of losing!

Hello !
The madness of Global Talent Search contest has passed for me, and I didn't make it to the final.
Here you can see the 6 finalist which by the way I want to sincerely congratulate. I am sure everyone did their best, there are a well know artist in the final count, which I admire and that I am sure had worked hard as well. Congratulations to the 6 of them! 

Words of gratitude.
Before going further, I want first to say A HUGE THANKS! to everyone that voted for me,  every single person that took the time to help me and to support me with spreading the word asking for votes,  good wishes, kind words and even prayers, people who do not even know me personally that supported me, also to my family, friends, fellow designers, fellow artists, my high school and university class mates, the Amsterdam small business network, the Mexican and Latin groups in The Netherlands . 
I am full of love and gratitude with each person; so honestly with that much good vibes I got this past weeks, there is no room for feelings of sadness.
I am putting my creative mind to work because I want to create a gratitude chain and to give something back to you, please stay tuned!

When I found out...
Yesterday 10th of September I was giving full day lectures at the Fashion Amsterdam Academy.
During the day we had different activities including a presentation, one of my students had problems to prepare a physical mood board and he was very nervous, so I gave him some advice of how and what to do, his presentation was fantastic, everybody got impressed and he said " well I actually had nothing to present, but the teacher told me to calm down, breath and suggested me to do it in this way", and that moment made me feel so happy and blessed, that prepared me of what was about to follow.

When I found out by mobile notifications I didn't made it to to the final, I was in a classroom with students around, so I had to control my dramatic personality and actually show no emotion... the show must go on!
During my ride in the train to home I sat there and disappointment and sadness wanted to hit me, then I found an e.mail from a wonderful fellow designer : Annette Plummer and her words touched me in a way that made me realized  how lucky I was of being surrounded of people that believe in me. Thanks Annette!

After that,I got home & I had wonderful dinner with my lovely and supportive husband: Vincent,I actually got to finally relax, went to bed and this morning there was no sign of disappointment !!!, I am full of energy, eagerness, determination,and positivity to move on and keep following my dreams with all I got!

My next steps:
I am working in different business projects right now, preparing my lectures, getting back into my painting course, preparing for receiving family from Mexico and getting ready to go back for the last module of the Make Art that sells class. 

I am back on track with my own dreams and goals:
To have my own representation agency/design studio and a future product line.
I have all the intention exhibit in Indigo -Paris in February 2014 and tentatively in Surtex NY.
So there is a bright future for Rosie Martinez-Dekker and Believe creative studio. 

Some learning's of this contest experience I want to share:
1. Do what you actually love to do and do it at your best, create and enter pieces that you absolutely love, so no matter what ,you will be always satisfied of your own result.
2. Ask for help if you need and want support, there is always kind souls willing to help. Make sure you show sincere and honest gratitude.
3. Do your best and expect the best with the mind set that a contest is a contest where will be only 1 winner ... meaning one happy person.
4. Sometimes losing is actually winning ... you never know what is around the corner so Be ready and prepared.
5. Be happy... a contest is something to do for fun losing or winning, life goes on.
6. Your talent is yours... no contest will remove that from you.


 "Everything happens for a reason" and I am positive that the plans that life have for me next will be fabulous!

My gratitude & love
Rosie

©2013 Believe creative studio


15 comments:

  1. Congratulations. You have already done so much and come so far. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Dawn, for being there for me with your kindness and support
      Lots of love!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Lots of love sweetie! thanks and I visited you at your blog as well.
      I love your work!
      xx
      Rosie

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful, honest post! Thank you so much for sharing it. Good luck with all of your goals! Hopefully I'll see you at Surtex some time (also a goal of mine)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Emily I hope you have lots of fun in the new assigment and enjoy as much as you can... Best of luck sweetie!
      Rosie

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Rosie, I thought a lot of you in the last few days.
    It makes me very happy to see you being who you are: A creative who really "Believes in her Creativity".
    Your work is fabulous and you will go far. Many Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear friend Lisa, thanks for thinking in me , you are so kind.
      Thanks for your support love and kindness.
      Muchas gracias querida.
      Lots of love to you my fablous friend!
      Rosie

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks darling...for always being there for me.
      You are the amazing one... that is your title and should be your last name :)
      You are to me an example of patience and love for life.
      I think about you all the time, and I really hope I can meet you soon.
      Lots of love and keep me posted on your progress I cheer for you and keep you in my prayers!
      Love and more love for you!
      Rosie

      Delete
  6. You go, Rosie! Fab blogpost and I am sure that the future is very bright for you and Believe Creative Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosie, such wonderful heartfelt sentiments. I know you were part of Flora's class -- you demonstrate the value of being true to yourself and knowing that you are where you need to be. I love your work and it has a unique style and voice that is your own. I can see nothing but wonderful things coming your way because of your beautiful attitude and perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sharon, for some weird glinch in my blog, I just found your amazing words of support from my blog post a while ago, sorry I didn't reply to you before.
      Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate them very much! Lots of love back
      Please keep in touch.
      Rosy

      Delete
  8. You did incredibly well and your work is truly beautiful! I've no doubt you have a lot ahead of you! I really wanted you to win and absolutely love love love your work. I guess life just has different, more grand plans for you =)
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Emma, for taking the time to visit the blog and for your kind words about my work.
      I really appreciate it! Have a wonderful week... hope great things life plans for you too.
      Love
      Rosie

      Delete

Thanks for your message!