Translate

Monday, June 16, 2014

Getting inspired for a new assignment!

Hello!
Aside of my busy days creating  baby and children's patterns collections for the Japanese and for the European market which we will be presenting to the customers in few more days,
I am  also currently working on a new assignment for the Make Art that sells Bootcamp which I take more as a treat to my self to enjoy and to discover new possibilities for my work.
The theme of this assignment is nautical and we were asked to create a piece for wall art featuring the theme and subjects as boats in a glass bottle, sea creatures, textures and typography.

Although I immediately had an idea in mind, I did my usual research in pinterest and find out amazing images, colors, techniques, ohhh a great visual treat.

Here is a glance of my pin board:

Images from different authors and published in pinterest.com

My sketch below was my initial option  before research, I have a particular obsession with hair, so I was pretty married with this idea, but I am a firm believer of  lateral thinking , therefore I always push myself for exploring new ideas and concepts.

Sketch by Believe Creative Studio                                                                                Option 1

During my research in pinterest I found this beautiful image (which I could not track the original author) I was amazed me by its beauty and  uniqueness, and inspired me to create a second option.
Author: Unknown                                                                          Source: pinterest.com

I wanted to make sure I was being inspired and I was not ripping of an original creation. I think I achieved to create  my own take from the beautiful original piece of art.
What do you think?

Sketch by Believe Creative Studio                                                                               Option 2 
Getting inspired by another piece of another artist is always a controversial topic; I do my best to respect other people work and to honor an original idea by taking it to my personal style.
I have asked Believe Creative Studio facebook followers which option they liked the most for me to use in my assignment, although initially was almost equal the votes, we majority selected Option Number 2, so I will be working on this piece next and I will share the painting process and the final result here in the blog.

Since I loved also the option 1 too I will work on that option too next!

Wishing you a great week!









The images published from pinterest.com belong to different authors,we are not claiming ownership on those. No copyright infringement is intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message!