Translate

Thursday, November 28, 2013

What are we grateful for?

Thanksgiving is a celebration that I really love! While I lived in the U.S. I adopted this celebration.
Because I was living overthere as an expat I had no family around to celebrate the day with; But I was never alone!  
I was very lucky to be surrounded by the love of my friends and their families who celebrated this day. 

I think the meaning of this celebration is just wonderful, having a day to celebrate with our beloved ones and to be thankful for everyone in our lives, all of what we have and what we are.

The definition of gratitude is just beautiful: "Readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness"


Here at home just recently adopted the practice to make each other the question of: What are you grateful for today?
This everyday, right before going to sleep and the answer can be as profound as I am grateful for my life, or I am grateful because my football team won today (words of my husband Vincent who is a big football fan).
And this practice is giving us a great sense of appreciation for big and little things. 

I personally think gratitude is the basis for happiness, simply because as the definition above says you are able to appreciate the moment you are living, the persons around you and the things that you have.

Lately I have been hearing a lot about the benefits of having a gratitude journal where you can everyday list the things that happen in your day and you are grateful for. There is different & meaningful practices, te express gratitude.
Do you have one? what are you grateful for today? 

If I attempt to make a list of  everything I am grateful for , 
I probably won't be able to finish writing in a couple of days and by then probably the list will grow more. So I will focus today in being grateful for  everyone that believes in me, in my work, in my studio and for all of you:
thanks for taking the the time to read this words.

Rosie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message!